So you took the plunge and ordered some essential oils…at least I hope they were not store brand. More on that a later time. Are you wondering what to do with your oils now that you have them?
Full disclosure- I am not a doctor, I do not play one TV. My knowledge comes from learning from a medical doctor, reading many books, and learning from other oil lovers.
🥰Top 5 ways to use your essential oils🥰
1. Diffuser- This is a way to fill a room with your favorite aroma. Simply add water to the diffuser then add three to ten drops of your oil. You can mix oils together by placing a few drops of different ones in the water to make different scents. My favorite go to for everyday in the fall is posted below. I would highly recommend the Desert Mist Diffuser from Young Living, I love how I can change the colors and the output of mist. We even like to dress it up for the holidays.
2. Add to your Jewlery- You can find all types of jewelry to add your oils to. I personally, like to make all of my own jewlery with my favorite being bracelets. Add two drops to your lava beads on your jewlery as often as you want throughout the day. I especially love diffuser bracelets for my children. It gives a subtle scent during the day and spices up their unique outfits they choose.
3. Cook with it- Did you know that you can cook with Young Living’s Vitality oils? They are FDA approved for internal comsumtion. I have made peppermint brownies by adding two drops to my brownie mix. I have used black pepper to season a dish so the kids wouldn’t complain that their was crushed black pepper in their food. (Black pepper is strong!) Some oils are stronger than others. For example, Black pepper you only need to dip a toothpick in the bottle and then stir that around in your dish.
4. Internal consumption- I can only speak for Young Living oils due to their Seed to Seal promise and their FDA approved Vitality line. I like to spice up my water with a few drops of lemon, in order to not have the oil and water seperate add a tiny pinch of salt. The oils will adhere to the salt and mix fully into the water. If you can taste the salt you put WAY too much in. Some days I have so much anxiety that I like to use the vitality Frankiscense, I put two drops under my tongue. Within a short time, I am relaxed and ready to continue on. If I ever feel a cold coming on I will make a Vitality Thieves tea. I boil 8oz of water and add three to four drops of Thieves Vitality oil. You can use Veggie capsules and add your diluted vitality oils into the veggie capsules.
5. Hygeine products- You can make your own hygeine products. The things to make are endless… soaps, shampoo, body wash, lotion, butt cream, hand sanitzer, chapstick, etc. The amount of hygiene producgts you can make is endless. The biggest mistake people make, is adding their oils to their base when the base is still too hot. This in return will cause your oils to “cook out”. You will be left with minimal scent in your product.
Helpful links to get you started!
Don’t want to make the products yourself? That’s okay! We take the science work out for you and make custom orders for anyone! The links below will help you find what you need to get started with using your oils!
Oils, Vitality oils and Diffusers https://www.myyl.com/corrynn.oil.oasis