When someone hears virtual learning, they may want to run in the opposite direction. I’ve been there numerous times in the past three weeks. Virtual home schooling a 3ker, 4ker, and 5th grader. Eeek! Read on for 10 tips to make virtual learning easier for your family.
Top 10 tips for virtual learning
1. Make a dedicated space for learning time.
2. Take breaks! Sitting for long periods of time can be tough. Get up and move!
3. Snacks…high in protein, low in sugar.
4. Prepare for the next day the evening before.
5. Remember that class is not 8a to 3p, 5 days a week. It is what you make it!
6. Stay flexible, make a schedule for your family but know it is okay to deviate from said schedule. Not one schedule will work for every family.
7. Keep it fun! Make sure to be laughing and smiling. Keep giving high fives and hugs!
8. Eat your frog legs first! What does this mean? Get the most challenging subject out of the way first!
9. Create a calm environment. Diffusing essential oils can help with this. Check out the brain boost recipe below.
10. Appreciate this extra time with your children! They grow up so fast, soak up every minute.
What is your biggest struggle or tip for fellow virtual schooling families? Let’s us know in the comments!